March of the Penguins Registration
Must be completed and submitted by COB March 17, 2021
This event is only open to students of Pedal Point Music LLC
MARCH OF THE PENGUINS GUIDELINES AND RULES:
Eligibility: All participants must be enrolled students of Pedal Point Music as of March 28, 2021.
There are two aspects to this event:
- The March of the Penguins Performance Evaluation (open to all).
- The Piano Competition (Piano students Levels 2 – 10).
Levels Primary – Level 1 will be set by individual instructors who are most familiar with the students and the levels they have attained.
Levels 2 – 10 piano levels have been set to align with the skill levels represented in the series, “Essential Piano Literature” by Keith Snell. Any instructor with questions on where to submit a student may inquire to Will Suit. Please reference the literature being considered for submission.
Levels 2 -10 all other instruments for 2021 will be determined by the instructor.
Content of Videos: The videos should contain the student performing only. For those doing the March of the Penguin performance evaluation, please state your name and introduce your song(s). For those in levels 2-10 who are participating in the piano competition, introduce your songs, but do not state your name.
- Video the performance of the student without editing or interruption. When videoing the performance, assure that you use a landscape format. (for example: Turn your smartphone or tablet sideways while recording.)
- Upload the video to a YouTube account. Make sure the account doesn’t contain the student’s name. When uploading, set the video to “unlisted.” (Please do not make your video public on YouTube) Do not put the student’s name anywhere on the title or description. For the title use the code provided by your instructor. In the description list the title(s) of the material being performed.
- Copy the link and send it to email@example.com by 6:00 pm March 28, 2021.
AWARDS AND PRIZES:
The March of the Penguins Performance Evaluation – A Certificate of Participation, Notes of encouragement/evaluation from an unbiased evaluator. Additionally there will be prize drawings, including a grand prize package.
PIANO COMPETITION – The grand prize winner will receive a month of free lessons, a select music book or music score and a Pedal Point Music Sweat Shirt. Runners up prizes will be awarded as well.
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE MARCH OF THE PENGUINS ONLINE EVENT APRIL 18TH.